Friday 17 September 2010

days 16

Today I went back to the books to do what I originally intended with my creativepact, to learn Processing properly. So I managed to plough through the first 71 pages of Getting started with Processing and filled in some serious knowledge gaps, as well as picking up some neat tricks in general coding, stuff that had stumped me before such as 'easing' to make response to mouse input less jerky. also got to understand 'for loops' a bit better.

so here's a few gifs of things I messed around with: hopefully these animate correctly, if not try downloading them... They don't seem to animate, oh well, you get the idea.

This is a grid (code) made from for-loop with randomised trace lines in the background and colour changes across the grid using the loop variables.





This is an inkpen-style mouse drawing (code) with timed colour changes, speed-linked width and time-linked colour changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment